Bailey sitting by the front door in the sun

I am Bailey a little white Chihuahua. Named Bailey from a little light brown patch on my ear, just like the Baileys drink. Plus my parents like a drink or two so being named after something alcoholic doesn't surprise me. Mind you they have given me a few names, Little Mexican Monkey and Bailey Big Balls. I was happy to respond to them all. 

I was born in February 2013, passed away 4th March 2014. My mum(Sarah) & dad(Dan) have had me since May 2013. Before that I was living in a house that was a bit manic. Stayed with Simon Smith for a week (Dads mechanic) Dad only popped round to pick up an MOT certificate, I had a few cuddles, I knew Dad liked me. I was happy for him to take me home there and then.


First photo of Bailey Dad had to ask Mum, they weren't thinking of getting a dog, but i knew Dad had a soft spot for me. Dad took a photo and sent it to mum. Showing off that he was having cuddle. Though this isn't my best side, looks like i have a neck of a Llama.Mum and dad came back later that day. I tried my best with mum, behaving and Mum also fell in love with me. They took me home :) I was well happy, although sad to leave Simon, Megan and Jill I knew i could come back to visit.


If you use a retractable lead for your dog, be careful near roads, they may be fine for the woods. Near a road and the lead extends accidentally it WILL cause a loss of life, I learnt that one. Read this Retractable dog lead dangers article.



I like sleep, walks and treats. Also it makes me very happy when my parents are home. When dad or mum comes back from work I hear the car and then I wait at the patio window, when i see them I get very excited. 

Sunday's is my favorite day. Both Dad and Mum are in. We have a lazy time getting up in the mornings. Dad usually goes on his laptop to do some work. I cuddle up on the sofa with mum or sit under the radiator on my large dog pillow. Or maybe I will sit on my own 2 seater sofa with sponge bob and piglett and all my other toys and chews. Another reason this is my favorite day is my mum and dad talk about the woods. I love that word 'Woods' it gets me all excited. Don't get me wrong I like the park but its not as good as the woods, the smells in the woods are amazing. we go in the car to Creech Woods in Denmead, its only like a 5 minute drive, I know we are getting near as I sniff the in coming air from the air vents on the car. When i can smell the woods i start jumping around, I look out of the windows, I see trees. Wow i cant wait, i circle round and round, wanting to get out and start marking my scent. we park up, and get out, Dad gets his wellies from the boot, I want to go off with mum and start sniffing. This has got to be my favorite day of the week. Lots of tree's, we walk for over an hour in here, I cant wait to get to the next tree. After the 5th tree I've emptied my tank but i still lift me leg up, its just automatic. Puddles I'm not too keen of, my back legs go a bit funny, like I'm walking on three legs, however mud... I love mud, I can get up to my elbows on mum and get a muddy tummy. I also get to meet many other dogs. This is a bit of social networking. I still have soo much energy after the walk even though i have little legs. we hop back in the car, and start driving home, while I'm wrapped up in a blanket drying off on mums lap. As soon as we get home mum takes me upstairs for a quick shower, while dad puts on the Sunday roast. I don't mind the shower, I get to smell all nice again. When I get out and dried off, I run around like a mad thing, free and naked. Running over the bed wiping my face on the duvet.  We all goes down stairs and I eventually start relaxing on the sofa.  I spot dad though the serving hatch cutting up the veg for the roast. This is another good thing about Sundays.

Sunday Roast
While day is preparing the veg for the lovely Sunday roast he may wave an end of a carrot at me. I come running, I cant get enough of raw carrots. If its nice and sunny i will send sit by the front door in the sun gnawing on the carrot. It may be small to my parents, but it take a long time for me to eat it. I may even get the trunk of the broccoli too. This makes my breath and farts smell good, well nice and rich anyway. Dad is very good at getting the Sunday roast all together. It seems to take ages too cook, and makes my tummy rumble. When its time for putting the dinner out they fetch my dish and make a little mini roast dinner for me and with some gravy too. I want it there and then, but they leave it to cool down, this seems to take ages. When its down it doesn't take long for me to eat it and have to lick all the gravy off my chops afterwards. We then all have a cuddle on a sofa. I'm still knackered my my Sunday walk, and its not time to sleep for a bit. However my ears are now tuned to the fridge door. Every time it opens i know there is cold meat left overs. I'm quite happy to sit on dads feet every time the fridge door opens in case some drops out on my. I get my fair share of treats and with this lovely looking face I have, my parents cant resist in giving in and giving me some of that cold meat, nom nom nom. I also know they next day when they make sandwiches I'm in with a chance to get more yummie meat from the fridge. that big white box has some amazing things in it for my little tummy. 


Bailey would sleep in his bed all night, this is in our bedroom. He used to snore a little some nights, bless him, probably dreaming of his teddy which he would cuddle up with. The alarm would go off at 7am, he would then do his stretch and jump on the bed to make sure we were woken up. Walking over our pillows, giving us kisses, and would then dive under the covers.  Once i was ready to get up a few mins later, Bailey would follow me out of the room wait out side the bathroom door. Then run down the stairs with me following him. Then he would do some more stretches while I opened the kitchen door, run circles around me as I was approaching the back door to let him out for tinkles. 

Nice to have warm breakfast during the colder months, so I'd pop in Milk in the microwave ready for Weetabix, and have the kettle on. Keeping an eye on the back door for when he was ready to come back in. I'd get his food ready to pass though the hatch into the lounge. He often wanted to play, so laying on the floor he would jump on you, warming his cold feet up. The funny thing he done on the 4th March 2014 was warm his feet up on me, then get off to whizz along the carpet on his bottom (must have had an itch) then he would jump back on me again. Such a cute little guy. 

We would then walk towards the lounge, he would be a few steps ahead of me. The lounge door never clicks shut, and he can push it with his paw and it opens. (On the 6th I stood in front of this door and it didn't open as he is no longer with us, I broke down in tears) I'd would then put my breakfast down on the arm of the sofa and put his breakfast down, and keep an eye on him as he likes Weetabix. He would then sit on my lap, wait for me to finish breakfast and ask to lick the bowl, he loved his Weetabix. Then he would go and have his breakfast. If I had a stretch he would then jump onto my shoulders. He had soo much personality. I would take the breakfast things out to the kitchen and he would wander upstairs and hop under the covers back in with Sarah. He did like to keep warm.

By about 8am I would be almost read to set off to work, and say goodbye to Bailey and Sarah as they lay in bed. On the day of his his last walk, Sarah sent this last photo of him, not impressed and wanting to go back to sleep as he laid under the covers all snug.

Bailey under the covers
Bailey snug under the covers saying let me go back to sleep mum. Photo taken at 8:43 on 4th March 2014


Thanks to everyone who have sent their good wishes.

Joomla SEF URLs by Artio